This class will be a safe environment for all students!
- Students are expected to participate daily and give their best effort. Students will be graded on an A, Pass, or Fail basis. Grades will be determined by the following criteria: class participation, daily preparation, attitude, effort, sportsmanship and willingness to work with others in class.
Each class you have the opportunity to earn 10 daily points.
90% and above of daily points = A 89%-60% of daily points = Pass
59% and below of daily points = Fail Unexcused absences= 0 daily points
If a student is unable to participate due to an injury or illness, a medical excuse from a doctor must be turned in to the school nurse.
- Students are expected to be prepared for class on a daily basis (sneakers, sweats, windbreaker pants, sweatshirts, t-shirts, etc.)
Should a student be unprepared for class an automatic three points will be deducted from daily points. An additional point will be deducted each offense thereafter (ie. 2nd time=loss of 4 points)
- Students are expected to arrive on time. Five minutes after the block officially starts is plenty of time to change and get to class.
4 tardies is an N for the term
(After 25 minutes–without a proper note = unexcused absence.)
- Students are expected to attend class regularly. Students will not be excused from class to meet with another teacher (i.e. to make up a test, play rehearsal etc). Remind your parents to call you in before 10 AM if you are out sick. If I am absent, report to the café and sign in.
NNHS ATTENDANCE POLICY: In this class, you will receive an N along with your academic grade if any of the following occur during a single marking period:
- 4 total absences
- 2 unexcused absences
- 4 total tardies
If you are unexcused from class:
- I will call home.
- Inform your housemaster.
- You will be required to serve a detention with me after school.
Please use the locker room to lock up your personal belongings, and this includes all electronic devices (cell phones). Items left unattended are likely to be taken.
Office: A106 Barry House Email: Courtney_Albert@newton.k12.ma.us