Ms. Albert’s Expectations for Sexuality & Health
- Abide by the “ground rules” to make sure that our class is a safe and productive environment to talk about sexuality.
- Complete homework assignments on time, neat, thoughtful, and in a complete manner. Homework passed in after the assignment due date will be given half credit (if done well).
- Everyday come to class with your workbook, folder, paper and a writing implement (electronics away). If you lose your workbook you will be charged $5 to replace it.
4. Arrive to class on time. If you come in late, you must see me after class so that I will be sure to mark you tardy, not absent. Every minute that you are late is a 5-minute detention w/ me (or housemaster) the following day.
5. Class attendance is extremely important to ensure you get the most out of the class. This class counts as one of the five Physical Education graduation requirements. If I am absent, go to the café and sign in.
NNHS ATTENDANCE POLICY: In a class that meets twice a week, you will receive an N along with your academic grade if any of the following occur during a single marking period:
- 4 total absences
- 2 unexcused absences
- 4 total tardies
If you are unexcused from class:
- I will call home.
- Inform your housemaster.
- You will be required to serve a detention with me after school.
- When you come back after an absence, it is your responsibility to see me the first class back to get any missed work/assignments.
Grades- Sexuality and Health is graded on an A, P F basis:
To get an “A” the following criteria must be met:
- –90% of all homework (including journal and in class assignments) must be completed on time and done well.
- –show respect of the class “ground rules”
- –actively participate in class activities
The criteria to pass are the same except that a minimum of 60% homework completion is required. An “F” will result if the above criteria are not met.
A final exam will be given at the end of the semester. It will be worth 10% of final grade.
7. Any issues/questions? Put in “Question Box”, see me after class, or arrange to meet in my office (A106). My mailbox is the athletic office, the main office and Barry House. You can also reach me via email: Courtney_Albert@newton.k12.ma.us